Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, April 12, 2018

What Is This?

I thought I would put a picture of something that was my Mother's and see if you know what it is or what it was used for.  Yes, I know what it is, but I bet most of you middle aged and younger readers have never seen or held or used one of these.  But then I may be wrong.  Here is the picture:

Well, have you figured out what it is yet?  Well guess what, I found a picture of one of these for sell on: https://www.etsy.com/market/antique_button_hook

Yep, it is a button hook.  Can be used on blouses, shoes, etc.  How many of you knew what it was and how it was used?  Now, you all have a great day, you hear?
















10 comments:

  1. Yes I have used one. But you expected an OFM to have used one, eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't, but you didn't tell me how you used it. Did you pick your nose with it? (grin)

      Delete
  2. I never used them, but I used to have a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what it was, and I thought I knew a lot! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, it makes me proud to give you some information that you didn't know. That is something special since you do know a lot.

      Delete
  4. I knew what it was but have never used one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this day and age, there is very few uses for them.

      Delete
  5. I know what it is but haven't used one. I'm thinking it could come in handy if my arthritic fingers get any stiffer ;-) Heck, it looks like it could pull up zippers too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it sure could pull up zippers and maybe even pick your nose.

      Delete